Thursday, November 8, 2012

Covenant Series: Deity Review

Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Title:Covenant Series(book three) Deity

GoodReads Summary:
"History is on repeat, and things didn't go so well the last time. "

Alexandria isn't sure she's going to make it to her eighteenth birthday--to her Awakening. A long-forgotten, fanatical order is out to kill her, and if the Council ever discovers what she did in the Catskills, she's a goner... and so is Aiden. 

If that's not freaky enough, whenever Alex and Seth spend time "training"--which really is just Seth's code word for some up-close and personal one-on-one time--she ends up with another mark of the Apollyon, which brings her one step closer to Awakening ahead of schedule. Awesome. 


But as her birthday draws near, her entire world shatters with a startling revelation and she's caught between love and Fate. One will do anything to protect her. One has been lying to her since the beginning. Once the gods have revealed themselves, unleashing their wrath, lives will be irrevocably changed... and destroyed. 

Those left standing will discover if love is truly greater than Fate...

My thoughts:


It’s really hard to review a book that’s in a series, because you don’t want to give away too much for the people who haven’t read the first few books. So I’m going to try and review Deity without giving away too much. You know what, if you haven’t read Half-Blood and Pure stop reading this review and go read them. You know what, before you read them make sure to read the prequel Daimon, and THEN you can read Deity, THEN go on the author’s website and read all the extra stuff she posted. Because trust me, you’ll love it. So, then after you’re done reading all that you can understand what I feel like, and you can thank me for giving you all this awesome reading material. 

Alright, I’m assuming no one actually dropped their laptops and read the whole series before continuing on, so I’ll go back to trying not to ruin this for future readers.  There are a million reasons why I love this series and this book, but I’ll sum it up. First off the main character Alex is really strong and no matter what life throws at her she faces up and accepts it. Her mom died, she never knows her father, her life is turned upside down and she’s forced to be something she isn’t even sure about, but she keeps her cool. Actually no, she doesn’t keep her cool she does some reckless stuff, some not very thought out ideas and ruins things a couple of times. But she’s still a hilarious main character and she doesn’t let anything get to her.

Another big reason I love this series is the fact that it’s based off Greek mythology, and anything with that draws me in. It’s really cool and in Deity they actually encounter some Gods, so it’s interesting to see it all play out. Some more reasons, each book in the series has a problem, but they still connect with one another.  Deity was a really awesome third installment, it went a little into the romance zone, I’m not going to complain I was just a little sadden by the less amount of action. HOWEVER it really builds up for the fourth and last book. I got so excited at some parts I had to put it down and walk away because I just couldn’t handle it.

Deity is really great, I love the pace, and I love the characters it shows some more of side characters like Deacon, Lea and Luke, Deacon is like my new favorite right now. I had super high expectations for Deity and it really lived up to them. The cliff hanger ending didn’t annoy me it just killed me. I mean, I was totally expecting a cliff hanger, and I KNEW it was coming, but I had no idea it would leave of like that. I ended up feeling like this:







My rating of this book: 4.5 out of 5(seriously go read the series!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment