Saturday, December 22, 2012

The Evolution of Mara Dyer Review


Author: Michelle Hodkin
Title: The Evolution of Mara Dyer

GoodReads Summary:
Mara Dyer once believed she could run from her past.

She can’t.

She used to think her problems were all in her head.

They aren’t.

She couldn’t imagine that after everything she’s been through, the boy she loves would still be keeping secrets.

She’s wrong.


In this gripping sequel to The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, the truth evolves and choices prove deadly. What will become of Mara Dyer next?

My thoughts:

I love this trilogy. I’m really sad that it’s only a trilogy, but I LOVE this trilogy. I love the characters, I love the author’s writing style, I love the story line. This book is something new, totally different and a breath of fresh air from all the pointless vampire novels that have been drowning the YA world.  No offense, but it’s completely riveting finding something so original to fill your mind with. I finished this book two days ago yet it’s still constantly on my mind.

Now the thing I like most about The Evolution of Mara Dyer is how tense the whole thing is. It’s got some creepy, some scary, and lot of strange. But you really don’t notice it because you’re so wrapped up in the story. I can definitely see how some people might not get this story. It could simply not be your cup of tea. There is constantly something new going on in the story, over 500 pages and never a dull moment I can assure you. It’s a pretty busy book, it doesn’t necessarily jump around from one thing to the next, however something important is constantly happening to the characters. This is one of those books were you really have to pay attention to every little detail to put the pieces together.   
I’m trying to be my usual self and find the bad in the book, I’m just being biased because I really like the story. I really am sitting here, replaying the book in my mind looking for a few flaws. Nope, I got nothing in the flaws area. And I don’t want to bore you going on and on about how amazing and perfect this book is. Being the sequel and the middle kinda the bridge between it all in the trilogy you find out most of the secrets and interesting things in The Evolution.
Mara really confronts her fears, and you can start to put the pieces together and find out some of the puzzle. By the end of the book we know just how crazy and messed up Mara’s life is. Who’s the Big Bad Guy behind it all. A lot more on exactly whatever it is that turned Mara and Noah’s lives upside down. It leaves off with this giant cliff hanger, but I’m not even sure how to feel about it. Let’s just say things get pretty tense between Noah and Mara. Jamie also makes his way back into the story; I was super excited to see him again. Daniel, Joseph and all the rest are as awesome as ever.  
And yes, I’m totally giving The Evolution of Mara Dyer a 5, cause it’s awesome. 


No comments:

Post a Comment