Sunday, January 27, 2013

2012 Favorites #5

Today’s 2012 Favorite is brought to you by my English homework! No joke, I seriously didn't know what to pick until it hit me when I was writing up a little assignment on how awesome Emerson is. How Hourglass is connected with Beowulf (which we’re analyzing/reading) I don’t care to explain. Back to topic here, Hourglass by Myra McEntire is seriously amaze. I LOVE this story, it’s incredible and definitely a must read. Now, those of you who die at the sight on time travelers, you’ll love this book. It’s got some serious time traveling issues, a couple uber hotties, a supportive sister-in-law, and at slightly confused yet totally kick-ass main character.  Plus some romance in it for the rest of ya.

Hourglass is the first in the Hourglass Trilogy, and I must say Timepiece really does live up to the standards. I love both books and am sad to say that the last installment in the trilogy will be released this year. (Sad but happy, and totally excited, yet seriously remorseful.)

Even though I don't really understand the cover, it has about nothing to do with the story in any way that I could think possible, don't let it turn you away. It did take me a lot of time to finally find the urge to read Hourglass(even after one of my favorite authors Rachel Hawkins declared it's amazingness), however I'm really glad I eventually picked it up. Hourglass takes you on a total thrill ride and is most definitely an all time favorite. 

No comments:

Post a Comment